EDUCATIONAL INNOVATION: THE USES OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES IN TEACHING, RESEARCH AND PROFESSIONAL ENVIRONMENTS
1. Call for papers
The research group AngloTic is pleased to announce the forthcoming one-day conference Educational Innovation: The uses of new technologies in teaching, research and professional environments 2013, to be held in the Department of English and German Philology of the University of Valencia on September 19th 2013. Teachers and students from any teaching level are welcome.
The objectives of this conference are:
- To encourage the exchange of innovative experiences between university teaching staff and students taking a master’s degree or undergraduates in their last year.
- To serve as a meeting point for innovative teaching projects between students from the different university areas and teachers from any subject field.
Topics of interest are, among others:
- New technologies and teaching methodologies.
- New technologies and research.
- New technologies in education and their application to professional environments.
2. Paper submission
- Abstracts of 300 words maximum must be submitted by September 2nd to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once received, all proposals will be evaluated by at least two members of the Scientific Committee.
- Upon acceptance, presentations will be delivered in PowerPoint, Prezzi or similar formats before September 13th.
- The conference languages are Spanish, Valencian and English.
This message is especially addressed at students who are in their last year of a master’s degree or undergraduate studies and who have carried out some project or end-of-degree dissertation.
The organizing committee is pleased to announce that awards will be given at the end of the conference to members of the above groups. In particular, awards will be given to:
– the best presentation about new technologies and teaching methodologies
– the best presentation about new technologies and research
– the best presentation about new technologies in education and their application to professional environments
These awards aim at promoting academic activities among the members of the two aforementioned groups.
We would like to remind you that the deadline for abstract submission (300 words maximum) is September 2nd (please send to Maria.Alcantud@uv.es) and that registration, for both attendance and participation, is free and obligatory. The registration for participation will open on September 3rd through the conference website (http://anglotic.blogs.uv.es/?page_id=747).
4. Registration is free but obligatory
Registration for participation and attendance is now closed.
The conference programme is available here.
6. Organizing committee:
· Juan José Martínez Sierra: Departament de Filologia Anglesa i Alemanya UVEG
· María Alcantud Díaz: Departament de Didàctica de la Llengua i la Literatura UVEG
· Jesús Fernández Domínguez: Departament de Filologia Anglesa i Alemanya UVEG
· Gora Zaragoza Ninet: Departament de Filologia Anglesa i Alemanya UVEG
· Carmen Piqué Noguera: Departament de Filologia Anglesa i Alemanya UVEG
· Alicia Ricart Vayá: Departament de Filologia Anglesa i Alemanya UVEG
- Cambridge University Press
- Department of English and German Philology
- AngloTIC Group