Valencia (SPAIN), 6th-7th of October, 2017
Virtual Exchanges aka Telecollaboration are an innovative form of online learning which engages learners in interaction and collaboration with classes in distant locations through online communication technologies under the guidance of teachers or trained facilitators. In contrast to many forms of online learning which are based on the transfer of information through video lectures and shared files, telecollaboration is based on student-centred, collaborative approaches to learning where knowledge and understanding are constructed through learner-interaction and negotiation.
If you are…
a post-graduate student
a telecollaboration practitioner
a university lecturer or
…wishing to enter the research field or to expand your research scope…
We are organizing the 1st International Telecollaboration Research Workshop under the auspices of the UNIcollaboration orgnanization. The Universitat de València, Spain and the Universitat Politècnica de Valencia, Spain have the honour of holding the seminar which will take place at the Facultat de Filologia, Traducció i Comunicació (follow link to see location).
Our seminar will include:
- A handy introduction into the research on telecollaboration
- what electronic corpora can tell us about foreign language learning
- principles of discourse analysis
- multimodal meaning making: what it is and why it is important
Keynote speakers and workshop facilitators:
- Corpus linguistics (Pascual Pérez-Paredes)
- Understanding digital communication: an interactional sociolinguistic approach (Erika Darics)
- Multimodal meaning making (Regine Hampel & Helen Lee)
There are two types of attendance:
- Attendance in situ at keynote talks and workshops
- Academic and Research Staff: 100 euros
- UNIcollaboration members: 80 euros
- Registered Research Students: 50 euros
- Online attendance at keynote talks only: 20 euros
Given the limited capacity for attendance at workshops, we will accept those who wish to physically attend the event on a strictly first-come-first-served basis. If you want to join us, register here! If you can’t make it to Valencia, register for online attendance!
Links to information on Valencia, maps, hotels
– Departament de Filologia Anglesa i Alemanya, IULMA and AngloTIC
(Universitat de València)
– CAMILLE and Departament de Lingüística Aplicada (Universitat Politècnica de València)
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.